Saturday, November 3, 2007

Miss American Dream since I was 17

well tuesday october 30th came and went, and while critics and tabloids have laughed all summer long at her antics the only one left laughing was Ms. Britney Spears... why you might ask? because it's Britney, bitch, and she did it again. Now i understand fully in her personal life, she's a train wreck, but musically Britt is stronger then ever. While i do hope she gets her sh*t in gear, i don't care, as long as she puts out a great dance hit, her personal life is none of my buisness, nor does her personal life effect her music. People need to grow up, and move on, as an entertainer Britney is at her finest, every track on the album is a smash hit dance single. Actually there isn't a single ballad on the album, if only Britt could teach Lindsay Lohan how to make an album we'd be set. my favorite is "Piece of me"britney practically tells the media to go F*ck themself, and heavily breathes her way through a dance hit. She turns all the tabloid talk into pure musical genius. "Radar" is also a great song, i've allready heard it at several clubs. while her voice has been completely digitally enhanced, it's still a bomb ass dance hit. "ooh ooh Baby" is also classic britney, great beat, catchy words, sexual innuendo all over it. "I've got a Plan" is probably the weakest song on the album, something about it just doesn't flow for me. It's still a descent dance song, just not a hit. The first half of the album is solid dance hit gold, the second half still keeps you dancing, but its nothing ground breaking. This entire album is a new page for Britt, i hope she can finish writing the newest chapter she's started. i haven't been able to turn the album off. i also enjoyed several of the songs that didnt make it but were leaked on you tube. if you get the chance check out Baby Boy, State of Grace, and Let Go. all three are ballads and they don't make me want to throw up, not even a little.

go buy Blackout, its worth the nine bucks on i tunes.

I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don’t matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They still gonna put pictures of my derrière in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me…
I’m Miss bad media karma
Another day, another drama
Guess I can’t see the harm
In working and being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I’m still an exceptional earner
You want a piece of me
I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
I’m Mrs. ‘You want a piece of me?’
Tryin’ and pissin’ me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who’s flippin’ me off
Hopin’ I’ll resort to some havoc
End up settlin’ in court
Now are you sure you want a piece of me?
I’m Mrs. ‘Most likely to get on the TV for strippin’ on the streets’
When getting the groceries, no, for real..
Are you kidding me?
No wonder there's panic in the industry
I mean, please, do you want a piece of me?
I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don’t matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
There still gon' be pictures of my derrière in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me…
You want a piece of me?
I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
You want a piece of me.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Ok so first off your review mentions how there are no ballads and then you call three of her songs ballads at the end :p

But more over I am glad you liked the album, because I absolutely can't agree with you on it.

I know we have talked about her come back and both wished the same thing, but all I can say is Blackout left me wanting to sing "gimme gimme less gimme gimme less" because it was a complete flop for me.

No doubt that the CD will sell well because of her name and the curiosity that people have in whether or not she will come back. But I bet that if people were to blindly listen to some of the songs and not know who it was they would assume that her over-synthesized voice was akin to one of those CDs you can buy at gay clubs where a drag queen (with a decent voice) is making a living.

Lucky for her, her name will carry this album and hopefully help her start to make a comeback. Because I would hate for this to be a last CD for her. She badly needs to put out something with quality that enhances her name instead of relies on it to get it sold.

Now don't get me wrong some of the songs are catchy and good, but no where near the quality I expected. Blackout seems to be more on par with a random one-hit wonder dance artist than THE Britney Spears.

Dustin said...

Ok ok you proved that I missed the part where you said the 3 ballads were cut from the album. I'll have to check those out :p