Saturday, November 3, 2007

Oh Craigslist

Last night i had the pleasure of seeing Jeffrey Self's one man show "My Life on the craigslist." It was hysterical. The entire show had me laughing Jeff is quite a talented young fella, who i am sure is going to be bringing us a lot more. His humor is rather dry, and the performance was effortless, which is good in comedy. most actors work soooo hard for comedy, and comedy is something i feel that you find from within, it's an instinct, and sometimes its wrong, but its hard to plan it out step by step. you have to feel an audience out, and jeffery self knows how to do just that. The show is inspired by his visits to the men seeking men section of craigslist, and all the missteps along the way to finding the perfect guy. He's definatly got a hook, and while the piece was perfect or totally polished, he is an awesome story teller, and i feel that the more stories he tells, and the more ideas he shares, and the more concepts we see from him, the better they will get.

not that i can really say anything, since i haven't finished or polished any of my scripts (note to self do that NOW!)

1 comment:

rkovo said...

OMG I can't believe you say that. lol. My DJ friend was the DJ for the show. I'm glad you enjoyed, I wished I could have seen it.