Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Slam it to the LEFT!!!



So unless you've been living under a pop culture rock for the last decade, then you know of the british invasion that was the Spice Girls. Ginger, Posh, Scary, Sporty, and Baby. Five girls who swept the world with there messages of girl power, platforms and bubble gum pop. They were on the verge taking over the musical world, when Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell left the group. the girls popularity fizzled out, and they tried to do solo careers (rather unsuccessfully, although Mel C. had some kick ass songs, and Geri is like the uk Kylie) But now after years of waiting they are coming back with a world tour, and a greatest hits album. I am going to be going to the LA concert! I am kinda over th moon right now. For the last two days i've been slammin it to the left, and ziggah zig ahhing to my hearts content. I remember my childhood, and i think of the Spice Girls. They were my youth. I used to listen to their cd like it was my job. Ginger and Posh were always my favorite, and we all know how i feel about Posh now (giggles) This concert means sooo much to me, not only will i be experiencing it with two of my oldest dearest and bestest friends, but it is my first concert ever! This is so momentous and special, and i am absoloutly thrilled! I can't wait to see the concert, i also plan on buying out the merchandise booth... i am going to rock out my Spice Girls gear. I might even design special shirts just for it... who knows!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So they're now up to 14 London shows because of the demand. 12 are sold out already. I'm a little irritated becasue they might add an LA show in which case, we may have had a show at better seats, but oh well
-Happy Phantom