Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Poor Unfortunate Soul


Oh Sherie, what have they done to you.... No wonder Emily Skinner left the show, i would have too. While portions of this costume are totally brill. I have to say i'm a bit scared. The tenticals look a bit odd to me, and i can't imagine how that is going to move onstage. I like to blame my dislike on the hair and and make up on the fact that it's a small picture, and it's a bit fuzzy. i'm trying to find more pictures, because it could easily be the angle or what not... but I fear for Sherie. it almost looks to comical. What made Ursula so awesome was she had the ability to go from comical and funny and saucy to evil genius, and sinister. i don't see how she can do that in that costume.... i do love the main fabric that they used though, that is a pretty awesome texture. i honestly am leaving it open to not make a complete judgement till i see it.

4 comments:

JERmezz said...

Lion King Brilliance or Tarzan Disaster. Time will tell. Hopefull we won't be the poor unfortunate soulds...

Dustin said...

I rather like the costume save the hair. The cotton-candy pink hair does just seem to fit the comedic side of Ursula instead of that villain who so quickly and perfectly shifted from comedy to dark and foreboding.

I guess like the other person said... it will just come down to seeing how it unfolds and what happens. I hope it is good. Just because I would love for it to all work out and be worthwhile.

Mrs. Rodriguez said...

I agree with you, Kirk. It does look pretty bad despite some good qualities (fabric). My biggest problem with it is this: I don't see the ESSENSE of Ursula. You said it right- there needs to be the sinister evil as well as comical. I definitely don't get that feeling when I see this. However, it may look better (as, once again, you already said). So far, thumbs in the middle, although I want BADLY to give it a big thumbs DOWN!

ROCKstarlett said...

i must say i think cotton candy hair is the best description for that hair i have heard. i'm hoping that a better picture will show up and i will be able to make a stronger opinion, but i too am putting my thumbs in the middle