Monday, August 13, 2007

New Hope

Subway at seven am - 2.00
Magazine and soda - 5.00
Bus to New Hope PA - 17.50
Danish and Cookie at a Pit stop - 3.50
Ticket to Thoroughly Modern Millie - 19.00
Getting to see one of my best friends in his element - priceless


this last weekend i went to see the closing performance of Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Bucks County Performing Arts Center in New Hope, PA. Why you might ask did i drag my cookies all the way to New Hope? For a friend. Probably one of my best friends. Robert has been in PA for the last three monthes performing summer stock, and while it would hav been nice to see more of the shows, time and money has only permitted me to catch this one. I think i caught the best one, honestly, i forget what an awesome dancer he is till i see him dance. He has a rare quality, one which is missing in my dancing, of being totally at ease. When i watch him tap, the look on his face says he could be doing anything and it would be just as easy. I can't tap to save my life. I am so proud of him, i don't know if i could have survived three monthes in the middle of no where. But he's done it, and is still doing it, he has three more weeks in PA before it's back to the big city. I'm really glad i went, because i was considering not going all the way up till the morning of, and i'm glad i went, i know in the end i would have regreted missing it.

No comments: