Thursday, July 19, 2007

Omigod Omigod you guys! it's a hit, and a big surprise!


Elle Woods and the cast of Legally Blonde performing "What you Want"


I am addicted to the new Legally Blonde soundtrack. Seriously, i don't care what people say i think the movie musical is pretty awesome when done right, and Legally Blonde is done right. With a score filled with amazing lyrics, and catchy melodies, as well as charachters you root for, Legally Blonde is perfect. Laura Bell Bundy truely shines as Elle, i've always been a fan of hers ever since "Hairspray". She has a powerhouse voice, and a smile and sense of fun that she brings to her music. Now i am a huge fan of the movie. I watch it every valentines day, because Warner is the BIGGEST douche, and Elle and Emmett are the cutest movie couple in the world. My love for the movie carries over to the musical. it's like they new i had all this love that would just spill over into something else. I think what i liked about it the most, is it's differences from the film, and the book. They took a charachter, and a story and a message, and they found their own way to tell it, which is important. I think if it would have been the movie on stage, i would have been bored and dissapointed, because no one is Reese Witherspoon. But they were smart enough to know that, and create something new and different for us to enjoy. All of the songs are amazing, and fun to listen to but I enjoy "Omigod you Guys!" "Serious" "What you want" "Chip on my Shoulder" and "Legally Blonde". The whole soundtrack is worth listening to over and over, but for me those ones just make me laugh, and sing a long.

No comments: