Saturday, July 7, 2007

Free Love

So after what seems like a life time, i am home, relaxing. it's a really good thing i woke up at 11 on friday, because i didn't sleep last night. which doesn't sound that bad, but the reason i didn't sleep was because i was in centeral park waiting for tickets for Romeo + Juliet, which is the first show for Shakespear in the Park, at the Delacorte Theatre in Centeral Park. I am told the show is quite impressive, I really hope it was worth getting to the park at 5am. Romeo + Juliet is one of my favorite plays of good willie shakes, the other being Midsummer Nights Dream (which just so happens to be the second show in the season this year).

I left Mr. Blacks, which i have come to the conclusion that I am not fond of it, around 3:30, with my friends John and David in tow. On the way to Union Square, John was hit by a cabbie, and i basically died alittle. He got up and insisted he was fine but i kid you not, i was terrified... i was like oh damn. I've been in several car accidents, and was hit by a driver two three years ago. that stuff scares me. But he's ok, and we're all just a little shaken, I got home at 4, checked my emails, and then packed up a small bag of magaizines, books, and snacks, and headed to Centeral Park. When i got there, at like 5 am, there was all ready like 60 to 70 people there. i layed out my Blanket and Pillow, and looked at some magazines, and read a couple chapters in my book (Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson, i can't wait to finish it) then i tried to sleep for a bit, to no avail. at 8 am, an employee for the Delacorte came around and explained all the rules about free tickets. at 12 i went and got 2 hot dogs, a coke, and a Good Humor chocolate ice cream bar. at 1 they started handing out the tickets, i got mine at 1:20, and with great joy and relief headed home. My friends plane arrives at 5, and he's coming straight to my place to drop off his things, and we are heading to the theatre. i'm pretty jazzed.

No comments: