Monday, July 9, 2007

Literary Gems

Ok so by night I am a club dancing, theatre going, chocolate martini drinking fiend, with a killer wardrobe, and a fantastic wit. By day, I work in a bookstore, glamerous I know. And while every night i pray that my two worlds will collide and I can finally drink a choco-tini at work, alas that ship has not yet sailed. but it's ok, i love my job. I love books, I used to read two or three a day. sadly that number has greatly dwindled, but I still love books. As of late though i have a new book addiction: Bargain Books. Go to your Barnes & Nobles, and check out their bargain section. Now I will admit, while some of them are total crap, the ones that are amazing are totally amazing. Basically book lovers gold. The other exciting part is they are usually Hard cover (another guilty pleasure of mine! i only buy hard cover, unless its totally not available) i have gotten countless great finds, and payed at the most six dollars. How can you not buy them, it's like they are begging you to be literate. just so that i can prove to you how amazing it is, i figured out all the books i've gotten as bargain in the last year, and all of them were hard cover.

Little Children - Tom Peorta
Bridget Jone's Diary - Helen Fielding
What Was She Thinking ; Notes on a Scandal (this book is something fierce!)
Olivia Jules and the Over-active Imagination
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azcaban (3.00!)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (delux edition for 5.00)
Lovely Bones
101 Dalmations (the original novel Disney based the film on, for one dollar!)
Legally Blonde
The Devil Wears Prada (it was 1.50 they practically paid me)
Everyone Worth Knowing
Dry
Magical Thinking
Fluke - Christopher Moore (this is one of my favorite books, please go check it out)
Star - Pamela Anderson (an awful book but at 1.50 i had to)
Dress your family in Denim and Corduroy
I'm not Julia Roberts
Lipstick Jungle
That's Right I said it - Wanda Sykes
James Dean: Live Fast, Die Young
With Out You - Anthony Rapp (my hero)
Peter and The Starcatchers
A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy; the complete volumes (the delux adission for 3.00)

If after reading that list, you haven't started getting ready and getting in your car to go to the B&N, then there is no hope for you. there are so many amazing books out there that i know i'm never gonna get the chance to read, just because i can't afford it, but bargain books have made it so much easier, and i enjoy looking through the stacks of utter crap for a little treasure.

No comments: