Thursday, July 26, 2007

New York after hours

So last tuesday i went to Lucky Cheng's and played a round of bingo with my friends Lusty J, and Tommy, we also watched my good friends Logan and Chandelier do an ode to Legally Blonde. Logan always blows my mind a little bit. I never know what is going to happen when Logan is involved. He is truely an amazing individual. After Lucky Cheng's, me and Lusty hopped in a cab and met up with a bunch of people at Lotus, where my friend Acid Betty was hosting. I've never been to Lotus, but i think i am definatly going to start going, i got to catch two of the performances that night, one was a burlesque dancer who did a performance that paid hommage to Pee Wee Herman ( i know that sounds weird, but trust me it was amazing) I died a little when she pulled a little rubber chicken out of her briefs, and proceeded to choke it. When she took of her bra to reveal slinky eye balls being used as nipple covers i knew i was witnessing pure genius. the second performer was an amazing male dancer who strutted his stuff to "Candy Man". Both performances were astounding. Clubs like Lotus, make me remember why i want to be an artist, and not a celebrity, fame seems really exciting when you have no money, but i don't think i could ever give up being able to create performances like the ones i've been seeing lately. The performance value is so amazing, each performer is truely an artist. For me that is the real difference in clubs in New York, and clubs in LA. The performances in NY blow LA out of the water.

No comments: